Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Red Writing Hood

Time to flex those muscles. Those writing muscles, that is.

Today we are announcing the first meme at TRDC. The directions are simple: write a blog post - of short fiction - following the directions for the prompt we provide. Link up here on Friday. Then try to comment on as many of the linked-up posts as you can.

It's a great way to get exposure for your own writing, and to be inspired by others.

Please grab our button and include it in your post. That's it!

Now, your assignment: Write a short fiction piece starting with these two words: "Your mother."






Preview





 
    &

11 comments:

  1. quick question: I know this is semantics in saying "your" are you asking to actually write "my". So I would be writing about MY mother instead of YOUR mother. Because quite frankly Ericka I don't know your mother. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my mother is fabulous but that' neither here not there. :)

    it should start with the words with "your mother." for example, "your mother was outside of the school when she heard a loud bang."

    except it should be way better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha got it! I'm glad to hear your mother is fabulous, so is mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really hard for me to not want to start with a "your mama..." joke. You know like, "your mama so skinny she can hula hoop with a cheerio. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you could. It's your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Button, button, who's got the button?

    Not me.

    I can't get the code to work. I'm sure this is operator error...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm. Not sure why it's not working for you Adelle! I'm no coding genius so I'm probably no help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adelle--I used the code from the one on the sidebar and it worked for me. I didn't try the one in the post. I don't know code, but they're not identical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All ready to go, can't wait to link up. It's posted.....

    ReplyDelete

Write it!