Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Featured Blogger - Cristina from Not Quite Crunchy Momma

Today's featured blogger is Cristina from Not Quite Crunchy Momma. I just learned she was born in Angola and grew up in Portugal. I know this because I found this cool post!

Tell us about yourself: Let's see... I'm a wife and a stay at home mom of two boys, Uno who just turned four and Kai who is two. Being a mom is really awesome, right? There are certainly days I want to run away, and definitely doubt some of my decisions. But I'm really laid back and have learned to trust my instincts, so being a mom comes fairly natural, most of the time. The whole housewife thing though? So not for me. I'm a hater of all domestic activities :)

My husband is a freelance illustrator and works at home, so as a family, we spend a lot of time together. It's really great, for the most part. I have a masters in Marriage and Family Therapy and pre-kids I worked with families with children with psych issues. Reading and writing have always been my passion. Since starting blogging just a few months ago, my passion for writing has resurfaced and it's been truly awesome.


Give us a 30-second elevator pitch about your blog: I started my first blog not quite crunchy momma earlier in the summer when a friend introduced me to hers. I thought, hey this is fun, I want one too. It was a fun way to record and share my family's daily life. Then, I came across the Red Dress Club and really got into writing fiction. Eventually, I decided I wanted a place just for my fiction and created Once Upon a Time ... this is my "I'm a writer" little world.

What literary character would you be and why?: Oh boy, I have been trying to figure this one out ever since you guys have been featuring bloggers. I have two picks: Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife, I'm a hopeless romantic and what's more romantic than meeting your husband when you are five? and he time travels.. that's way cool. And then I think I would want to be Katniss Evergreen from "The Hunger Games" trilogy. If you haven't read the books, GO read them. She is resourceful, brave and kicks butt.

If you could carve your initials on a tree, which tree would it be and why?: Definitely a fig tree. My grandparents had a fig tree in their yard and I remember climbing it with my cousins and eating figs. Great memories.

What animal does your husband look like and why?: Seriously, I have never compared my husband to an animal, so I had to ask him. He said wolf. His reasons? He has canine teeth like a dog, he comes from a family where men like to be the alpha males and are aggressive (not in a physical way) but they get what they want and.. the best reason... he doesn't like people touching his food, just like a wolf! HA! he's crazy!

If you could only save one of your existing posts in a fire, which would you choose and why?: I think I would choose the first piece I wrote for Red Writing Hood. Blogging has really become about developing my writing skills and I remember the excitement when I wrote No Show. I felt like a 5 year old waking up to find Santa had stopped by Christmas Eve. I knew then, writing fiction was what I am passionate about.

No comments: