Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Featured Blogger - Tina from (Florida) Girl With a New Life


Today's featured blogger is Tina from (Florida) Girl With a New Life. She's a transplanted Floridian now toughing it out in the wilds (as in, cold!) of the Midwest, where she blogs and is writing a novel.


Tell us about yourself: I am a reformed workaholic who has finally turned back to my dream of writing. I love to curse. I am an incurable dreamer. On my bad days I channel Tina Turner and Joan Jett. Mostly I am living the simple married life in the Midwest.

Give us a 30-second elevator pitch about your blog: I started my blog when I left my party life in Florida behind and reinvented myself as a writer and a Doctor's wife in the Midwest. My chronicles are thoughtful, inspiring and sometimes hilarious reflections on becoming a better writer and maybe (hopefully) a better woman. Most importantly, my blog aspires to connect with other women on their journey, because life is ripe with new beginnings for all of us. I am saving the universe one diva at a time, starting with me.

What literary character would you be and why?: I think I would be Ruby Thewes from Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. Ruby is this wildly unexpected character with a tough self determination and a humble background. She is not the bleeding-heart protagonist. Ruby is the she-rebel that saves the protagonist's behind.

If you could carve your initials on a tree, which tree would it be and why?: A cherry blossom tree. Growing up with an Asian mama meant we had a house full of Oriental artwork. My favorite was a delicate silk screen of blooming cherry blossoms. I can imagine few trees as dramatically feminine.

What animal does your husband look like and why?: A polar bear. I married a big, lumbering, linebacker sized man. In the grocery store little old ladies ask him to pick things off the top shelf.

If you could only save one of your existing posts in a fire, which would you choose and why?: I would save the letter I wrote to my younger self. It helps me to keep my life in perspective.

No comments: