Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Featured Blogger - Rathi (Ratz!) from What can I say

Today's featured blogger is Rathi, better known around these parts as Ratz, from What can I say. Rathi has been with us almost from the beginning and we're thrilled to learn more about her.


1. Tell us about yourself: I will be hitting 23 soon and I just cannot wait to get over it. I find it hard to describe myself but if I really have to, I’d go with “I am a bit of every possible emotion/adjective/noun that exists on this earth”. I am a student. I am bit nerdy and perfectionist when it is the right subject else I am just above average. I cannot stay at home for long for the fear of going crazy or bringing others to the verge of killing me. I love to explore and discover new places and someday I’ll travel without having to settle. I’d tell you that I have a crush on laughter. This thing I know for sure, one day I will adopt a baby girl and I will name her Zest. One day, I want to work with the UNDP and the UNICEF. And, I am on my way to make that happen... one step at a time. And, you guys know me by Ratz but it is actually Rathi and I am from New Delhi, India.

2. Give us a 30-second elevator pitch about your blog: You will find the most irrelevant things here. What Can I Say! was a desperate attempt to speak up rather than dying of brain death, to release my voice into the universe, believing someone would listen. My blog reflects my moods and swings. Hmmp... But mostly, it has become a place where I could be my best self- the person which I intend and try to be. You will find happy things, sad things, and some of my darkest secrets that once scared me to death. Now, they are just words from my past - a sign that I am working to get over them. In all, this blog is a bit of me, if I were words.

3. What are you doing when you are not blogging?: Mostly I'm at the library - the one place which gives me solitude whenever I want it. I am preparing to take an entrance for MSW. I also read a lot while trying to learn to write better. On good hair days, I will be out roaming around the roads of Connaught Place looking at buildings and people being "the single girl living in a big old city". I enjoy doing that and I enjoy visiting places I have never been to before.

4. Who is your favorite literary character?: There are two actually.

The first is apparent - the ever beautiful and fiery Scarlett O’ Hara because I used to have a Rhett Butler in my life. But, mostly because I learnt so many things from this character when I needed it the most. She will be my favourite for this: Tomorrow I'll think of some way . . . after all, tomorrow is another day...

My current favourite is Fanny Price for saying Run mad as often as you choose but do not faint.

5. What brought you to TRDC and what is your biggest goal in writing?:

I think I was browsing through a blog and that’s where I saw the TRDC button... I think TRDC was the only best thing that happened to me in 2010. I cannot tell how much I have evolved since I first began. I have learnt to appreciate and learn from criticism (which I was really bad at before) and I have learnt to keep the cuss words as they are in my stories. ;-)

My biggest goal in writing is to carry on with it and not lose it at any cost, not for anyone. I would want to use this power for my future dreams when I work with UNICEF or UNDP. And, if I let myself wildly loose, I would love to write for Oprah.

6. If you could only save one post in a fire, what would it be and why?:

I keep a copy of all my posts for situations like these but if I had to, I will save Fall on me Like the Sunshine. Because, it is my virtual rebirth story.

No comments: